Recipe by Phyllis Michael
This yummy recipe is the perfect way to settle in for fall and get inspired for Thanksgiving.
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (16 oz) can pumpkin
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg, baking soda, salt, allspice, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine shortening and sugar and mix well with an electric mixer. Add eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin and mix well.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time, to wet ingredients. Combine well.
- Pour into a greased 9×5 inch loaf pan. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. When done cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
If you like this recipe, give these fall favorites a try as well: